This has some great advice for saving old micron pens to shade in your ink drawings.
A lot of us that Zentangle or Doodle use Micron pens. And if you do use Micron pens, you know how easy it is for those nibs to get crushed if you exert too much pressure on them. And if you’re as addicted to this art form as many of us are….you know we go through a lot of pens. Don’t throw out those pens that are a little past their prime – there is still some life left in them!
If you like my videos, I would sure appreciate it if you subscribed and shared them – thank you so much!
It’s another snowy day in the Northeast, and I’m perfectly fine with it. I don’t mind the snow and I know I’ll look back on the winter fondly when the heat of the summer sets in. Today was not only make a video day, but I did finish…
View original post 96 more words
Check out Fine Art America’s beach art page. They now sell your art or other artists art on beach towels, totes and so much more.
<a href=”http://fineartamerica.com/art/beach” style=”font: 10pt arial; text-decoration: underline;”>beach art for sale</a>
If you’re interested in digital art, there’s a lot of great apps out there to help you get started. Wether you are an experienced digital artist or interested in beginning, these apps make it so easy to experiment with creating digital art. A lot of them are fun to use and also, there’s a lot of YouTube tutorials for them. One great use for these apps is how you can use them anywhere. Traveling with these apps can give you a great opportunity to do travel sketches and paintings. Some of these apps have files in them, so it’s easier to organize and find your projects as well. Here is some links and information on the apps currently available for iOS and android.
1. Inkist app is free for a limited time with iOS: http://inki.st/ipad.
2. This link is for a great current 2016 list of art apps for iPad: http://www.creativebloq.com/digital-art/art-on-the-ipad-1232669.
3. This is a link to a list from 2015, but it has a couple of apps not mentioned in the list above that are still good apps to use for digital painting or sketching: http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/features/illustration/8-best-apps-for-artists-draw-sketch-paint-on-your-ipad-2015/#1
4. Some of the great free apps on iPad include:
Bamboo paper: https://vimeo.com/57071228
and many Adobe apps.
5. Painter Mobile is an android app that is available at Amazon and on Google play:
6. This is a link to a list for android digital art apps:
This is a great site with lots of writing prompts. I have been going to it for a while when I need inspiration. Now there are picture prompts along with many writing prompts to be found on here.
I switched to WordPress’s Twenty Fifteen theme. Everything is up and ready. Enjoy the new site.
- Added social media links; I rarely use on any of these, however.
- Moved the navigation bar over to the left; if you’re on mobile or have a small screen, you can find these in a drop-down menu at the top-right of the viewport.
- New theme has responsive web design. This means the site will rearrange itself for optimal accessibility depending on the size and orientation of your screen.
If you run into any issues or have any suggestions, let me know. (I can’t customize the site’s HTML unless I pay WordPress half my paycheck, unfortunately, but I can always add or remove pages, fix links, and other little things like that.)
I have found some great art and writing prompt generators and sites. These would be so useful when you just need some inspiration. Here are a few good art and writing prompt sites I found: This site is a prompt generator for artists. It’s put together in an easy to understand format. http://artprompts.org/ This Blog is great with really imaginative prompts. This had some of the best story prompts I found. It’s called The Poets and the Peddlers created by Mathew Dellar. http://matthewdellar.com/ http://www.mediafire.com/view/pzpzw8pb1emb3b1/200_Fantasy_Writing_Prompts.pdf This was also a very useful article for finding art prompts for children and about how helpful that can be for parents. http://artfulparent.com/2012/07/creative-drawing-ideas-prompts-for-kids.html